Originally from Cleveland, Ohio, Dr. Amy DeGirolamo specializes in treating patients with diabetes at the University of Miami Hospital near downtown Miami. In 2001, she graduated from the Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine in her hometown of Cleveland. Afterward, Dr. DeGirolamo completed a three-year podiatric medical and surgical residency through the Baltimore VA Medical Center with rotations at University of Maryland Medical Center, the Bethesda Naval Hospital, and the Womack Army Medical Center at Fort Bragg in North Carolina.
After her residency, Dr. DeGirolamo joined a private practice in Oxford, Mississippi and partnered with the North Mississippi Foot Specialists. While working in Mississippi, Dr. DeGirolamo served as the Secretary and Treasurer for the Mississippi chapter of the American Podiatric Medical Association.
Once she moved to Florida, Dr. DeGirolamo joined Florida Foot and Ankle Associates in April of 2011. Dr. DeGirolamo is board certified by the American Board of Podiatric Surgery and as a fellow of both the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons (ACFAS), as well as the American Professional Wound Care Association (APWCA).
Maryland Healthcare System/Baltimore VA Hospital (Baltimore, MD)
Surgical Residency Program
Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine
Doctor of Podiatric Medicine (2001)
Bachelor of Science, Biology (1997)
- Board Certified by the American Board Podiatric Surgery
- Fellow, American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
- Fellow, American Professional Wound Care Association
- Attending Physician, Miami VA Residency Program
- Volunteer Faculty, University of Miami School of Medicine
- Secretary/Treasurer, Mississippi Podiatric Medical Association (2007-2011)
- Volunteer, Steps of Life (SOL) Foundation Santo Domingo (2011)
- Volunteer, Student National Podiatric Medical Association Jamaica (2003)